Newborns, Kids & Teens
Is your child suffering from pain or injury?
Or would you like to improve your child’s posture or coordination? Good news – we love helping kids and teens!
At Wisdom Physiotherapy, we work with families to develop practical and realistic treatment plans that suit your child’s needs.
Sometimes it can be difficult for children to tell you exactly where it hurts
Children & adolescent muscle tissues are often weaker than adults, therefore it can take longer for them to recover from an injury.
If your child or teen regularly complains of sore knees, hips, ankles or muscle pain, then they may benefit from a physiotherapy assessment. All of our Physiotherapists can assess and (gently) treat a range of conditions including:
- Sports injuries – sprains and strains
- Headache management
- Hyper-mobility and connective tissue disorders
- Poor posture, core stability or balance
- Strength training & injury prevention
- Foot concerns e.g. toe walking
- Growing pains
Additional paediatric issues treated by Physiotherapist Jasmine Angelev:
- Movement disorders (coordination problems, hypermobility)
- Gait abnormalities (in-toeing, out-toeing, knock knees, toe walking)
- Orthopaedic conditions including growing pains, Osgood Schlatter, Severs disease
- Torticollis (neck muscle shortening) and Plagiocephaly (flattening of the head)
- Club foot and flat feet
- Brachial Plexus Injury
At Wisdom Physiotherapy, we can modify your child’s activities to keep them participating in the things they enjoy. Our programs focus on self-management tools, guided by parents and guardians.
We also correspond with coaches and teachers to ensure we achieve the best management of your child’s injury.
Director / Physiotherapist
Titled Women’s Health Physiotherapist
Physiotherapist – Clinical Movement Therapy & Yoga