Expert, Friendly Treatment For Women’s Health Issues
Our Women’s Health Physiotherapists, Amy Tinetti and E-Lynn Tan have extensive experience in the management of bladder, bowel incontinence and pelvic floor dysfunction in men, women, and children. This includes the management of pelvic organ prolapse, pelvic discomfort and pain with intercourse.
Having these issues can be embarrassing and frustrating. We will help you feel comfortable to get on top of it in a warm and welcoming environment. You can be assured of our professionalism and understanding.
Do you have any of the following symptoms?
- leaking when you sneeze, cough, run or laugh?
- pressure or heaviness in your pelvis area?
- pain when you wee?
- constipation or straining?
- lower back pain or pelvic spasm?
- painful periods or endometriosis?
- discomfort during sexual intercourse?
The symptoms listed above are really common issues that people have. BUT they are not normal. There are many things that can be done, that can be quick and cost-effective, to get you feeling back in control.
Whether it be regaining incontinence after a vaginal delivery, finding a non-surgical option to successfully manage pelvic organ prolapse or endometriosis pain, we are committed to helping you achieve your goals.
It is important to seek help and make changes to improve your pelvic floor function. It is never too late. We provide treatment for:
- Continence issues
- Pelvic floor issues (find out about our Pelvic Floor Exercise program)
- Endometriosis and painful periods
- Stomach Diastasis Recti (tummy muscle separation)
- Prolapse & pessary fittings
- Overactive bladder
- Bowel dysfunction – leakage, constipation
- Sexual intercourse pain or tampon insertion
Pre & Post Pregnancy
Having pain whilst pregnant is never easy. We provide safe and effective treatment for your whole body both during and post-delivery:
- Back pain
- Pelvic girdle pain
- Wrist pain (De Quervain’s tenosynovitis)
- Stomach Diastasis (tummy muscle separation)
- Perineal trauma, constipation, hemorrhoids, tailbone pain
- Breastfeeding issues – mastitis, cracked nipples & blocked ducts
- Bladder & bowel issues
- 6-week postnatal checkup
- Pessary fitting assessment
What You Can Expect
Our Women’s Health initial appointment is a one-hour assessment. This allows us to take a thorough history to assess all the factors that may be contributing to your problem. All assessments are conducted in a private and supportive environment.
For incontinence, pelvic and bowel-related issues, the first appointment will usually involve an external pelvic examination using Real-Time Ultrasound. This is an important step, as it allows us to take a detailed look at what is happening “under the hood”. This information enables us to give you an accurate diagnosis and an understanding of where the issues lie and how to get on top of them.
In cases where your condition relates to the pelvic floor, bladder or bowel or pelvic pain in adults, an internal examination may be recommended. This will be discussed with you during your appointment and we will always respect your choice of assessment.
Following this, where appropriate, we will begin treatment. This may include education, dry needling, massage, home-exercise prescription and clinical movement therapy (incorporating clinical pilates).
Amy will incorporate her advice into a detailed plan for you, with home exercises, goals, and timeframes.
If you are experiencing issues, don’t put up with them. Women’s Health Physiotherapy treatment is proven to speed up the healing process, reduce pain and in some cases avoid the need for surgery later in life.
We look forward to supporting you.