About Pelvic Floor Exercise Program
This program is run by Amy Tinetti, Women’s Health Physiotherapist and has been specially designed to positively affect your whole body and especially your Pelvic Floor. This is done through the improvement of strength, mobility, posture, flexibility and movement control.
The program will work on strengthening your whole-body, using reformers, trapeze, light weights, stretches, and Clinical Pilates. Amy will ensure all exercises are pelvic floor-friendly and incorporate activation and relaxation as per your unique requirements.
What You Can Expect
The sessions are individually tailored to your needs. And are particularly suited to clients needing some extra care in relation to pelvic health. Including:
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Overactive pelvic floor
- Incontinence – bowel & urinary
- Urinary urgency
- Pre/post pregnancy
To get started, you will undergo a one-hour private, whole-body assessment. During this session, Amy will assess your pelvic floor using real-time ultrasound, review your past and current medical conditions, as well as your whole-body movement, strength, coordination, and balance. Following this, Amy will work with you to create a tailored program that helps you achieve your goals. You can then continue with either private sessions, or move into a small group consult.
Clinical Movement Therapy involves specific exercises that improve the way you move.
Most people notice a substantial improvement in the way they move. These are some of the common outcomes you can expect from our Pelvic Floor Movement Therapy sessions:
- Improvement in Prolapse symptoms
- Prevention of prolapse from worsening
- Substantial reduction in urinary incontinence
- Reducing and controlling pelvic pain
- Moving your pelvic floor through the full range (reduction of over-activity)
- Improving posture, strength, balance, and control
- Reducing the risk of falls
- Managing arthritis conditions
- Improving your quality of life
- Reducing anxiety related to incontinence issues
These specialised classes are limited to 4 people to ensure a personalised experience. Currently, they are run on a Tuesday 12pm and 3pm and Friday 11.30am and 2pm.
To get started, click here to book your Initial Assessment or call us on (08) 6389 2947.