Jasmine Angelev – Physiotherapist
I have treated newborn infants right through to the elderly and across the entire journey from day one to full rehabilitation.
Sport has always been an important part of my life. I ran track at both State and National levels and have played netball for over 20 years at a competitive level. I also sail at Royal Perth Yacht Club. I have worked as the team physiotherapist for the Stirling Lions Soccer Club, treating a range of sporting injuries including – ankle and knee ligament sprains/ruptures, muscular strains (hamstrings, calves, quadriceps), shoulder dislocations, overuse injuries, and rehabilitation after surgery with a return to competitive sport. If you have a sporting injury, I am keen to work with you, to help get you back to your highest function and competition level.
In addition to treating adults and sports injuries, I love treating kids because it allows me to bring a fun and creative approach to treatment and exercise. I have developed this interest through treating newborns, children, and adolescents with musculoskeletal and neurological conditions, both in the hospital and the community setting. I have additional experience working in the community with children with disabilities and liaising with clinicians at Perth Children’s Hospital to ensure the best outcomes.
As part of my interest in restoring movement, control, and coordination, I like to incorporate elements of yoga and the evidence-based DMA Clinical Pilates concepts.
My areas of special clinical interest include:
- Sporting injuries
- Hypermobility syndromes (Ehlers Danlos etc)
- Pain management (acute and chronic) – foot & ankle, knee, hip, neck, back
- Vestibular and balance issues, including falls prevention
- Pre and post-surgery rehabilitation – elective surgeries & post-trauma surgeries
- Pre and Post pregnancy pain – back pain, pelvic pain, sciatica
- Clinical Movement Therapy – private sessions and small groups
- Paediatric-Specific conditions:
- Movement disorders (coordination problems, hypermobility)
- Gait abnormalities (in toeing, out-toeing, knock knees, toe walking)
- Orthopaedic conditions including growing pains, Osgood Schlatter, Severs disease
- Torticollis (neck muscle shortening in babies) and Plagiocephaly (flattening of the head)
- Club foot and flat feet
- Brachial Plexus Injury
To make an appointment with Jasmine, click here to book online or call (08) 6389 2947