Danica Emery – Physiotherapist
I became a physiotherapist because I have a passion for helping people be the best version of themselves. Watching somebody achieve their goal is the best part of my job.
Working in private practice settings, I have treated patients with a wide range of issues using both hands-on and clinical pilates. I believe in a holistic, individualised approach to treatment and love helping patients to heal from the inside-out.
I love being physically active and believe it is an important part of our overall health. Therefore, I am passionate about assisting all my clients, whether they have a sporting injury or pelvic health concern, to return to sport, exercise and movement safely.
During my studies at the University of Notre Dame, I also developed an interest in pelvic health physiotherapy. After having my first child, I realised the lack of support available for postnatal women and decided to undertake further training, completing Post Graduate Certificates in Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy/Exercise and Women’s Health and a Masters in Pelvic Health Physiotherapy at the University in Melbourne.
Outside of work I enjoy playing netball, crazy gym workouts and being active with my two young children.
My areas of clinical interest include:
– Neck stiffness or pain
– Back pain
– Pain management (acute and chronic) – foot & ankle, knee, hip, back
– Pregnancy pain
– Sporting injuries (ACL, ankle sprains, soft-tissue strain)
– Pre & post operative hip, knee & shoulder rehab
– Clinical Pilates classes
Pelvic Health specific conditions:
– Continence issues (Stress Urinary Incontinence, overactive bladder, urge urinary incontinence)
– Pelvic pain (dyspareunia, chronic pelvic pain, painful bladder syndrome)
– Pain with sex and tampon insertion
– Painful periods
– Faecal incontinence
– Antenatal and Postnatal care
– Male pre and post-prostatectomy
– Pelvic health pilates
Pregnancy Specific conditions:
– Back pain
– Wrist issues
– Returning to exercise
– Rectus abdominus diastasis (tummy-muscle separation)
– Perineal trauma
– Breastfeeding issues (mastitis, blocked ducts, and cracked nipples)
– Pregnancy pilates classes
To make an appointment with Danica Emery call (08) 6389 2947 or click here to make an online booking.