Danica Emery – Physiotherapist
I became a physiotherapist because I have a passion for helping people be the best version of themselves. Watching somebody achieve their goal is the best part of my job.
Working in private practice settings, I have treated patients with a wide range of issues using both hands-on and clinical pilates. I believe in a holistic, individualised approach to treatment and love helping patients to heal from the inside-out.
I love being physically active and believe it is an important part of our overall health. Therefore, I am passionate about assisting all my clients, whether they have a sporting injury or pelvic health concern, to return to sport, exercise and movement safely.
After having my first child, I realised the lack of support available for postnatal women and decided to undertake further training in Women’s Health. I have since trained in Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy & exercise and completed a Masters in Pelvic Health Physiotherapy at the University of Melbourne.
Outside of work I enjoy playing netball, gym workouts and being active with my two young children.
My areas of clinical interest include:
- Pelvic health – women, men & children
- Pregnancy pain
- Breastfeeding issues
- Clinical Pilates classes
Pelvic Health specific conditions:
- Continence issues (Stress Urinary Incontinence, overactive bladder, urge urinary incontinence)
- Pelvic pain (dyspareunia, chronic pelvic pain, painful bladder syndrome)
- Pain with sex and tampon insertion
- Painful periods
- Faecal incontinence
- Antenatal and Postnatal care
- Male pre and post-prostatectomy
- Pelvic health pilates
Pregnancy Specific conditions:
- Back pain
- Wrist issues
- Returning to exercise
- Rectus abdominus diastasis (tummy-muscle separation)
- Perineal trauma
- Breastfeeding issues (mastitis, blocked ducts, and cracked nipples)
- Pregnancy pilates classes
Paediatrics Pelvic conditions:
- Daytime bladder leakage/continence
- Bed Wetting
- Overactive bladder syndrome
- Bowel leakage/soiling
To make an appointment with Pelvic Health Physio Danica Emery in our Claremont clinic call (08) 9384 1555 or click here to make an online booking.