Courtney Lethridge – Physiotherapist
My favourite part of being a physiotherapist is being able to help people live a better, healthier, pain-free life. I love working with a variety of patients to help achieve their individual goals.
I found my way to physiotherapy after an active adolescence of playing soccer, cross-country running, dancing and gymnastics landed me with many aches and sprains that sent me to the physio on a regular basis. I learned early the benefits of both manual therapy and exercise-rehabilitation in the recovery process and wanting to return to sport as soon as possible.
I have treated newborn infants right through to the elderly and across the entire journey from day one to full rehabilitation. My experience as physiotherapist in both private practice and acute hospital settings, has allowed me to spend much of my time assisting patients in their recovery from a variety of aches, pains and injuries.
I have a special interest in the treatment of neck pain and cervicogenic headaches; having personally experienced this I understand how debilitating it can be and how much physiotherapy can improve your symptoms and long-term recovery. Pilates and regular strength training became my norm to manage these symptoms and I hope to help others become the best version of themselves.
I thoroughly enjoy working with women and adolescents with a variety of conditions; and have a special interest in treating hyper-mobility syndromes that stems from my own history in dancing and gymnastics. I’m a strong believer that you can always do something; there is always an exercise or way you can move that can improve your pain and it’s my role to help you find it!
Having worked extensively with some of Perth’s best orthopaedic surgeons, I am extremely well versed in pre and post-operative rehabilitation. I’m also a big advocate for providing solutions that can improve your pain and function without the need for surgery.
If I’m not at the clinic, you’ll probably find me at the dance studio training regularly for Latin and Ballroom dancing, down by the river for a run, or cuddling up with my dog Winston.
My areas of special clinical interest include:
- Neck pain & stiffness
- Cervicogenic headaches
- Jaw pain/stiffness (TMJ)
- Back pain
- Hypermobility syndromes
- Dry needling
- Pregnancy pain and clinical pilates
- Sports and running injuries
- Pre and post-surgical rehabilitation
- Clinical Movement Therapy – private and small groups
- Movement disorders (coordination problems, hypermobility)
- Gait abnormalities (in toeing, out-toeing, knock knees, toe walking)
- Orthopaedic conditions including growing pains, Osgood Schlatter, Severs disease
- Torticollis (neck muscle shortening in babies) and Plagiocephaly (flattening of the head)
- Club foot and flat feet
- Brachial Plexus Injury
Pregnancy related conditions:
- Breast feeding (mastitis, cracked nipples, blocked ducts)
- Rectus abdominus diastasis
- Pelvic girdle pain, wrist pain
- Back pain
- Returning to exercise, pregnancy & postnatal pilates
- Pregnancy (pre & post) clinical pilates