Clinical Pilates is beneficial for a variety of people! It can be used as a rehabilitative tool, injury prevention or to optimise the body’s performance for life’s activities, sport, dancing or work.
Not only is it effective, but it’s also fun and many people will notice the benefits within a few weeks.
Our Clinical Pilates programs are based on Physiotherapy research and are a diagnostic and treatment tool. Programs are individual and utilise specialised equipment such as the reformer and trapeze table.
Our Programs are:
- An individually tailored treatment method
- Used in conjunction with mainstream physiotherapy techniques
- Provided by the most highly trained physiotherapists in the field
- Unique and very different from generic classes
- Designed to fix the root cause of an injury, not just the injury itself.
Clinical Pilates can assist with a variety of injuries or pre/post-surgical procedures – hip, knee, shoulder, back, and neck to name a few. Recent research advocates the retraining of the deep stabilising muscles for patients with low back pain.
Clinical Pilates focuses on retraining and recruiting the stabilising muscles (core stability) as well as improving posture, strength and flexibility.
research advocates the retraining of the deep stabilising muscles for patients with low back pain
Benefits of Clinical Pilates
There are numerous benefits to be gained from our programs:
- Aiding rehabilitation
- Improved posture and core stability
- Increased muscular strength and flexibility
- Prevention of injuries
- Restoration of normal movement patterns
- Increased coordination and muscular control
- Improved balance
If you are interested in commencing classes, it is essential you have an Initial Assessment with one of our clinical pilates Physios in Claremont or Nedlands. In this appointment we assess your key issues and goals, then select exercises that meet your specific requirements, click here to book online now.
To make an appointment, call our Claremont physio clinic on (08) 9384 1555 or our Nedlands physio clinic on (08) 6389 2947.